Max Unlimited people
Cultural, Historical, La Candelaria
History of a Muisca Territory
Big Mama Colombia takes you to live the essence of Bogotá.
Come to discover the hidden nature of the Muisca territory that nowadays we call Bogotá.
We will go through three periods of our history: Muisca period, the period of the Colony, and the Republican period.
We will waiting for you in Big Mama Colombia, where begin the countdown of this trip that will connect you with our territory and its different cultures:
- Three periods of our history
- Three possible foundational places.
- Three Spanish conquerors at the same time and in the same place.
- Two sacred mountains and two sacred rivers.
- Two different cultures with different Gods.
- One territory with one legend.
- Santander Square.
- Rosario Square: Monumento f Gonzalo Jiménez de Quezada, Rosario University (the oldest university in Colombia).
- San Francisco Church.
- Septimazo (Bogotá traditional walk).
- Bolívar Square: Solar Observatory, Primada Cathedral, National Capitol, Town Hall, Courthouse, among others.
- La False Door Restaurant (the oldest restaurant in Colombia: 1816).
- San Bartolome School (the oldest school in Colombia).
- House of Manuelita Saenz (Bolivar’s lover).
- Mint House.
- Miguel Urrutia Museum of Art.
- Botero Museum.
- San Charles Palace (former presidential house).
- Colon theater.
- The oldest store in Colombia (1819).
- House that served as a meeting place for the independence rebels.
- Chorro de Quevedo Square.
- Chicha Museum.
- Funnel Alley: famous for its street art.
- Journalist’s Park Gabriel García Márquez.
- Professional tour guides.
- Visit and tasting at the Chicha Museum (traditional indigenous drink, originally called «fapqua»).
- Personal picture.